Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Allow me to re-introduce myself

So for a few months now, my posting has been very sparatic. So I thought that since I am wanting to revamp my blog, I would do an about me post...introducing myself and my world (again) to the blog world (my current blog family & hopefully some new bloggy friends).
*Just a warning--its kind of a lengthy post but well worth it I promise*
I am lil mama here in the locker room. I was born & raised in Honolulu, Hawaii. I attended a private catholic school for both elementary & middle school and a private all girls high school. But of course I was THE rebel lol. I was a teenage mom at 16 to a little boy, skinny. He was the light of my life. He taught me how to be a mom, how to love and care for someone else. I grew up.
After I graduated high school as the most boy crazy, I moved to Las Vegas for college. My first year there, I had my second son, milkshake. *As a side note, skinny and milkshake do have the same dad.* I was in college with 2 kids and no man. Whatever...as long as I had my 2 little guys I was perfect. My 3rd year of college I sent my boys back to Hawaii just the year and a half until I graduated. I think I flew home that year like 15 times. I hated being away from them. That was also the year that milkshake was admitted into the hospital for severe dehydration and was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. My world felt like it had come to a stand still. I blamed myself, saying that it was because I sent them to Hawaii. (It took me a very long time to believe that it was not punishment for me sending them back home).
The year I graduated from college, the job I was currently at, offered me an opportunity to train and become a manager at another store in Louisiana. At the time, I had been dating a guy (a little over a year) in the air force that was stationed in Louisiana...the exact same city where this job would be. So I packed up and moved.
To make a long story short, it so didn't work out with the dude, and I decided I didn't want to work for that company anymore. I missed my kids and just wanted to go back home. I was managing a hiphop store when in walked my husband, big daddy. Obviously at the time we both had no idea. When I first saw him, there was just something about him--I mean he basically just blew me off lol. I practically fell all over myself talking to him, basically throwing myself at him. His "I'm the shit" attitude was a real turn on lol. At first it was kinda weird, like I was robbing the cradle because he is 4 years younger than me. But since that day we met, we were and still are inseparable (tear lol). After a couple months of "dating" and sleeping over each others' apartments, we decided to move in together. Shortly after moving in together I got pregnant. What were we gonna do? We knew that we would be great parents together, and said we wouldn't just run off and get married because of it either. Unfortunately, I had miscarried about 3 1/2 months along. It was a devastating experience for the both of us. We helped each other grieve, as he took care of me while I was bed-ridden.
Big daddy decided he wanted to buy a house, and thats what he did. He wanted somewhere big enough for my boys to have somewhere to play and hang out. Shortly after moving in to "our" house, big daddy asked me to marry him. That story itself was hilarious, but I'll post about it another time.
We were married in 2005 and knew right away that we wanted to have a family. A month later I got pregnant and that following summer juju was born. Our first child together. Excema covered, he was still big daddy's pride and joy. He was the light of our lives. Skinny and milkshake moved to Louisiana that same summer. They were more than thrilled with their new baby brother, and step-dad. Life was good. We grew together as a family, enjoying every minute. Life was good. There of course were some things to get used to and we did encounter some issues, but we learned and grew stronger. All the men in my life all under one roof...perfect.
The year, well actually the month juju turned one, I got pregnant again. Didn't realize I was pregnant until I was 3 months along. Since I was on birth control, like I was when I miscarried, we were very hesitant to say anything, for fear of another loss. At about 4 1/2 months we figured we were safe, and let the world know that I was with child (I've always wanted to say that lol). I was so sure our little girl was finally here. Pregnancy was so different this time. I was super excited to see, what people said was like a cheeseburger or 3 "dots" in a triangle, on the ultrasound monitor. When the time came big daddy kinda had it in his head we were having a girl too. Saw the heartbeat, and then there it was. I know it was the hormones but I actually did start crying. A penis. I seen it 3 times before. Big daddy even knew as soon as he seen it. My stanky (also referred to as tank). I knew then that my family was finally complete.
Well there you have it. The locker room doesn't always smell good, and its NEVER quiet. We're definitely not your typical family and we definitely are not perfect. We've got lots of wrinkles and kinks, but hey whatever right? It's not always easy being the only girl, but thats my life and as you can tell...its a shitload of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment