Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What my blog is all about (Elevator Pitch)

I have decided to take on the 31 days to a better blog challenge by @problogger. Its just like it says: everyday I learn a little bit and have a task to complete to--> better my blog. Sounds simple enough. So here we are...day 1. The task: create an "elevator pitch." PERFECT. No seriously, it really is. No sarcasm. With all the new followers I have (**smiling from ear to ear, waving**), an elevator pitch really is perfect...30 seconds or 100-150 words, the span of an elevator ride, to say who I am and what my blog is about.
**So I decided to take this challenge in the same direction, sort of, that Kat from Mama's Losin it, took**
So lets set the scene shall we.

*DING* Elevator door opens. There I am, looking oh so fabulous: jeans, t-shirt, heels, with my big juicy purse, bb storm 2 in hand, leaning against the railing and in you walk. Kinda embarassed that you seen me looking so bum leaning against the railing, I stand up straight. Our eyes meet for like point 3 seconds and we smile. You hit the button for the floor you want and the elevator door closes.
"Nice day out today...where did you get your shoes...my face...oh ya, its bbq sauce, my son eats it out the jar with a spoon and decided he wanted to kiss me...I have 4 boys actually...only girl yup...very entertaining...I actually have a blog about me and my guys. It's called Life in the Boys' Locker Room. If you think the bbq sauce is entertainment, then you're really in for a treat. Its all very amusing: the bathroom smells, which are normal for boys, and the constant wet puppy dog smell. Yes I said it my boys smell like wet dogs! My house is a regular locker room full of sweaty, smelly boys, and lots of dirty laundry. Footballs, baseballs, soccer balls, oh my. All types of balls! LOL oops, was that out loud? There's never a quiet moment...and most of the time its me making all the noise, not them. But hey what can I say? Being the only girl in my house does require me to have to stand out amongst the masses. So you should check me out. Well my blog at least. Here's my card. (well when I get business cards finally made, I'll add that last part)

**and of course the actual pitch is in italics...but you knew that**

Thats my first take on an elevator pitch. (I was actually like one word over, but you're not gonna tell on me right?) Big daddy says I should do another. He likes it but he thinks its still missing a little something. So for now thats what I have. Whenever I do, do another one, I will post it for y'all.


11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elevator pitches are hard for me. Not to write, to actually say. I feel so weird saying I'm a blogger. Guess I should work on that, though if I want it to mean something. Your was good. Pretty true to your blog and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The challenge is an excellent way to improve your blogging knowledge. I did it when I was doing my old blog and have applied some of what I learned on my new blog. Well worth your time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you from Friday follow. I think the 31 days to a better blog is a great idea! I may have to try some new things too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a good job and I'm not telling you went over one word! We lived in souther Al before we moved to start a vineyard so I know, freezing days are not the norm.
    Stopping by from Friday Follow - thanks for the follow and I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brim over I agree but I contemplate the collection should have more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete