Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving menu

3 more days until my very first Thanksgiving. I know y'all are like wait, what?! Well this is the first Thanksgiving that I'm cooking EVERYTHING...well I actually bought a pre made turkey. Nothing too fancy...pretty traditional except for the turkey. The turkey in fact is not just a turkey...it's a turducken! What is a turducken you ask? Well it's a duck, stuffed inside of a chicken and then the chicken/duck is stuffed inside of a turkey :-) In the words of BamBam... DE-WISH-OUS! LOL

But back to it.

So here is everything that I am making. Oh and just so you know, this has been very overwhelming...the picking of what exactly to cook and what recipes I should "follow."

turducken...actually got one from a local store that prepares, seasons and stuffs them.

green bean casserole...sorta following this recipe which I LOVE! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/not-your-mamas-green-bean-casserole-recipe/index.html

mashed potatoes...my extra special, yummy buttery mashed potatoes I make for dinner :-)

sweet potatoes in caramel sauce...a little twist on candied yams or regular sweet potato casserole http://www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com/?p=3037

sweet potato pie...followed this recipe but I'm actually making the pie crust http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/old-fashioned-sweet-potato-pie-recipe/index.html

mac and cheese...I already have a recipe in my head for this :-)

stuffing...not too sure if I'm going to make extra stuffing or not (the turducken is stuffed with cornbread dressing already)

deviled eggs...http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/traditional-southern-deviled-eggs-recipe/index.html

mmmmm I'm getting hungry! LOL. What are y'all doing for thanksgiving? Cooking anything extra yummy? Tell me :-)

1 comment:

  1. your recipe sounds amazing! you go girl for doing everything! wow.

    i'll be doing the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes. thinking of baking some brocoli as well! yummy! i can't wait for my sister's baked mac and cheese & my mom's special rice!! i'll be eating Thanksgiving food for weeks ... one of my favorite things about this holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete